Kite Day 5-20-2013 - REVISED
Kite Day – REVISED
Monday, May 20th
Although Belmar had assured us they would be ready for us on Monday, May 20th, we are concerned about the safety of our students entering and accessing the beach in Belmar. Due to that fact, we have decided to relocate KITE DAY to Allaire State Park in Farmingdale.
It was obviously short notice, and they were very accommodating to us today when we spoke with them. There is a large open field behind Allaire Church and they have secured that location for us. The benefit to Allaire State Park is that there are permanent public restrooms as well as port-a-potties at this location. There are four port-a-potties right at the field we will be on, and the permanent restrooms are at the main entrance, just a short walk from the fields.
Due to the short notice though, we are unable to access any of the other areas in Allaire State Park as they are not sufficiently staffed for us. We cannot go on any tours, visit the Village Area, or the General Store. Please understand they are not trying to be difficult, they are trying to supply us with a venue where we can fly kites and picnic with our children.
Allaire State Park has a carry in/carry out policy, and teachers will have garbage bags with them, as well as disposable gloves for discarding the student’s trash.
Please pack a towel or small blanket for your child to picnic on. Please pack a brown bag lunch for your child – no glass bottles. We are still planning to arrive at Allaire between 10-10:15 and depart there no later than 2:00 to return to SVS. Parents may park their vehicles in the main parking lot after entering the park.
Thank You for out Gift Auction Success
SVS Gift Auction 2013
TO OUR SVS COMMUNITY!
From the bottom of our hearts, THANKS to EVERYONE that helped make this year’s Gift Auction a Success!
Some Highlights from this year’s 2013 Gift Auction:
- 475 Attendees
- 400+ Gift Baskets valued between $25.00 to over $500.00!
o 13 Class Baskets EACH worth over $350.00!
o 7 Baskets from SVS Sports Teams
o 11 Baskets from our SVS Family Night Carnival Gift Card Collection.
o 22 Baskets from SVS families pulling together for our cause.
o GENEROUS donations from our Athletics, Faculty, Sisters, and Staff.
- 50/50 worth over $4000.00 awarded to 1 lucky winner!
- Raffle Boards, Mystery Money and Coach Bags provided $2000.00 in winnings!
- AMAZING Volunteers including:
o 14 Solicitation Volunteers crusading for our cause!
o 24 Volunteers that carried heavy loads for ‘Moving Day’!
o 58 Volunteers worked at the Gift Auction that night!
o 20 SVS 7th and 8th grade students who ‘ran’ the prizes!
o 77 Volunteers throughout the Year all helping to make
this year’s Gift Auction a success!
The SVS Gift Auction is the largest fund raiser for St. Veronica School.
This year we raised $56,000.00!
THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT MADE THIS HAPPEN!
Sincerely, Kelly Kneucker, Ellen McGirr and ALL of our Gift Auction Angels!
Diocesan Tuition Assistance Program
Diocesan Tuition Assistance Program
2013-14 School Year
Application Deadline – April 1, 2013
Tuition assistance is awarded each year to families with children in our schools in grades K-8. Awards are made based on financial need.
Families who apply can receive up to one-half of the school's in-parish tuition rate.
Who makes the determination?
In order to ensure a fair and impartial analysis, application is made through Private School Aid Service, Inc. (PSAS), our 3rd party provider.
How is the determination made?
Information contained in the application along with the supporting materials is used to determine awards. The formula utilized has been especially designed for families with children attending Catholic school. This calculation is based on a moderate standard of living for the geographic area of the applicant, further ensuring a realistic result. This formula allows PSAS to determine the ability of a family to pay for private education. PSAS then initiates a comprehensive review and verification process ensuring the accuracy of the data.
A word about submitting an application
· Applications must be postmarked by April 1, 2013. All applications must be complete, containing all supporting tax documentation. In some cases, follow-up inquiries are made by PSAS. It is recommended that the application be submitted as soon as possible. Applications received after April 1st will be considered only if additional funds become available.
· Families who were displaced due to Hurricane Sandy are asked to check the appropriate box under section J of the application.
· Questions for Spanish speaking applicants - 1-866-424-6443 Ask for Extension 310.
Application Fee - $25.00
Ways to apply (One application per family.)
PDF English PDF Spanish
1. Print and fill in an application. Send the application to the address below.
2. Complete the Student Aid Form PDF directly on the computer screen by placing the cursor at the appropriate fields and type in the information. Print the completed document and save it. Send the printed copy to the address below.
Mail with your tax return and any applicable supporting documentation to:
Private School Aid Service
PO Box 89434
Cleveland, OH 44101-6434
3. Complete the (P)rivate (S)chool (A)id (S)ervice online application (available on February 1, 2,013) (Authorization code is: TRN1) URL = www.mypsas.org
Mail your tax documentation to PSAS (address above).
4. Contact your school for an application.
PSAS - www.psas.org and click on Contact Us;
Terry Wintering, Account Representative;
Mary Sparks, Coordinator of School Finances
Phone: (609) 403-7168
Contact your school